Pressure is not always a bad thing. It can work wonders for you if you can handle it well. The world may rant its lungs out complaining of the negativities it produces but there is a different side to it too. The side we easily overlook. One which gets our work done, one which lets us realize our potential and helps meet deadlines, one that makes us do things that we never thought we were capable of doing.
Crisis is the core of pressure. You are under pressure when you have to solve a problem or get things done with limited resources thus, bringing you to a point that allows you to explore your own self. Such is the power of pressure. Let us dig in detail. Pressure is helpful in that:
• It helps you analyse yourself and contemplate on your ways of life. In fact, it is the starting point of improvement and self-assessment.
• It brings about a constructive change in your personality. When you have worked under pressure, you cease to be the same person. A new “you” emerges; more capable, more skillful and more prepared to face challenges.
• It has been found that efficiency of people increases when she/he works under pressure. Ask the students studying the night before the exam. The summary of whole syllabus has to be covered in that single day and they do it. No one can understand it better than them.
• You get to learn and discover your own abilities and potential thereby, enhancing your problem solving skills.
• You are prepared to handle the worst that may come across you. Pressure takes you a notch above the rest.
• You tend to work hard under pressure circumstances.
• You develop the skill of meeting deadlines.
Did you know about all this? So, next time when you are under pressure, just think about the positive side effects and you will prize this dreaded pressure.