The online AIEEE 2012 promises to be a student friendly computer based test (CBT). The CBSE has made all arrangements to encourage students to opt for this format as it is a hassle free and convenient method of conducting exams. Students also get to benefit as they become conversant with the format; herein lies the future of entrance exams.
Though there are apprehensions in the minds of students, there are numerous benefits associated, which you must weigh in. Here we enlist them:
• The online method costs you less. The fees is less by Rs.300. You can save on this.
• You can easily switch between the languages of the questions.
• There is ample time for preparation. You can select any day and shift as per your convenience between 7 May and 26 May and 9AM to 12 PM or 2PM to 5PM. (there will be two shifts)
• It will make you confident on use of information technology.
The online exam format encompasses the following aspects:
• The exam is very easy. You just need to know how to operate the mouse. Rest of the instructions will appear on the screen.
• There will be four options and you will have to click one. The answers can be reviewed or reanswered any time during the exam duration.
• The computer screen will also show all questions in different colours indicating which have been answered, left unanswered and marked for review.
• The CBSE will also make available a mock test on its site for the practice of students along with a call centre support.
• There will be someone to assist if any problem occurs in the computer, etc.
• In case a problem occurs the time lost will be recorded by the server and will be compensated for.
• You will also get sheets/paper for rough work/calculation.
• You have to report at the centre 11/2 hour before the exam.
The online mode is certainly new for AIEEE aspirants but it was conducted without any technical snags last year and students can expect that it to be a good experience.