The MP PET or the Madhya Pradesh Pre Engineering Test is the Pre Engineering Test conducted by the Madhya Pradesh Vyavsayik Pariksha Mandal for admission into the various undergraduate programmes of the colleges in Madhya Pradesh.
The Madhya Pradesh government conducts the exam on centres across India and all those who have passed class 12th or are appearing in class 12th boards are eligible to sit in this exam. However, there are certain domicile requirements which the candidates must fulfill in order to become eligible for the exam.
The Domicile requirements are as below:
1. The candidate must be a Citizen of India.
2. The candidate should have been educated in an educational institution located in M.P for at least three consecutive years during the five years period from the year of examination.
3. The candidate should be a bonafide resident of M.P
4. The candidate should be a son or daughter of
a) An employee or a pensioner of the Government of M.P. or an employee of the Government of M.P. who died while in service of these State or an officer of the All India Services borne on the cadre of M.P or
b) A Central Government employee including employee of Defence Establishments, employee of Post & Telegraph Dept. or the Railways or an employee of a public sector undertaking posted and stationed in M.P. on or before January 1, of the year of examination till the date of admission.
5. A person settled in M.P. under any resettlement scheme sanctioned by the Government of India or the State Government of M.P.