1. Situated at the city of Patna, Bihar.
2. IIT Patna’s campus will be located at Bihta on the outskirts of Patna at a 600 acres site. The campus will have 45,000 sq ft (4,200 m2) of space. Until completion of the permanent campus, the Institute operates from Pataliputra colony, Kurji, in buildings which have been renovated and was previously used by the Naveen Government Polytechnic.
3. A bill for the addition of this to IITs was passed in the Lok Sabha in March 24, 2011 and is still to be adopted by the Rajya Sabha.
4. The birth of the Indian Institute of Technology, Patna, came on the 60th anniversary of the country’s Independence on 15 August 2007 when Dr Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of India, made the announcement about the expansion of IIT system in the country.
5. Admission through the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE of the IITs) for undergraduate courses and Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) for the post graduate courses.
Computer Science and Engineering – B.Tech and PhD
Chemistry – PhD
Electrical Engineering – B.Tech and PhD
Humanities and Social Sciences – PhD
Mathematics – PhD
Mechanical Engineering – B.Tech and PhD
Physics – PhD
Postal Address: Indian Institute of Technology Patna
Navin Government Polytechnic Campus
Patna 800 013
Fax- +91-612- 2277383
Web Address: www.iitp.ac.in