1. Situated at the city of Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
2. The permanent IIT campus is being set up in Argul, on the outskirts of Bhubaneswar.A total of 935 acres land has been allocated. IIT Bhubaneswar is the first IIT to set up a separate marine campus
3. A bill for the addition of this to IITs was passed in the Lok Sabha in March 24, 2011 and is still to be adopted by the Rajya Sabha.
4. The birth of the Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar, came on the 60th anniversary of the country’s Independence on 15 August 2007 when Dr Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of India, made the announcement about the expansion of IIT system in the country.
5. The actual birth of the institute was announced by the Minster of Human Resource Development Shri. Arjun Singh in a press conference on 28 March 2008, deciding that IIT Kharagpur would mentor the setting up of this new IIT for 2–3 years.
6. Admission through the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE of the IITs) for undergraduate courses and Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) for the post graduate courses.
Basic Sciences – Integrated M.Sc-Ph.D, M.Tech and Ph.D
Civil Engineering – B.Tech and PhD
Electrical Engineering – B.Tech, M.Tech and PhD
Mechanical Engineering – B.Tech, M.Tech and PhD
Postal Address: IIT BHUBANESWAR
Samantapuri (Rearside of Hotel Swosti Plaza)
Phone: +91 674 2306 220
Fax: +91 674 2301983
Email: – firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Address: www.iitbbs.ac.in