Normal 0 false false false EN-IN X-NONE X-NONE
“Architecture is an art when one consciously or unconsciously creates aesthetic emotion in the atmosphere”
Architecture, the science of building, is the imagination of building blocks. Architecture defines the structure and behaviour of a building or any other kind of system that is to be or has been constructed by using typical drawings, plans and technical specifications.
Basically Architectural engineering is the application of engineering principles and technology to building design.
Architecture is a highly competitive and multi-disciplinary profession which involves a variety of tasks at work. This field covers various fields including spatial design, aesthetics, safety management, material management etc.
Architecture also encompasses the pragmatic aspects of realizing designed spaces, such as project planning and cost estimation.
2) TYPE OF WORK INVOLVED:
An architectural engineer applies the knowledge and skills of broader engineering disciplines to the design, construction, operation, maintenance, and renovation of buildings and their component systems while paying careful attention to their effects on the surrounding environment.
Architect is a combination of artist, professional and businessperson. They ideate sketches, make blueprints of their designs and then see them come to life as cottages, skyscrapers and even monuments. Apart from designing and construction, architects are trained in activities ranging from conceptual problem solving to project management.
Their work includes site selection, field research and supervision, safety management, quality control, environmental planning, estimating and costing, supervision of construction work, interior decoration etc. The architect is the overall in charge for construction- his responsibility begins right from the designing and planning of the structure until the same is erected.
They must be able to communicate their ideas visually to their clients. The work of an architect starts with the layout and sketches of proposed structures according to the requirements as well as the objectives of the client.
3) HOW IT DIFFERS FROM CIVIL ENGINEERING:
Architecture usually focuses in the aesthetic design. They are meant for enhancement of the looks and how comfortable it is for the people who are going to inhabit or build.
While Civil engineering focuses on the technical aspects of the building. They have the immense responsibility of ensuring the structural integrity and stability of the building.
The difference can be shown as architects use creativity to dream the design and civil engineers use technical skills & mathematical analysis to make it possible.
“The external format of what building looks is the role of an architect while its inner skeletal frame is given by civil engineer.
Civil engineer designs the structure suitable with the design which is made by architect”
4) CAREER PROSPECTS:
- As an architect there are lots of opportunity & scope for you to choose your career.
- The scopes include the jobs in various teeming multinational construction houses that are looking for the candidates that have completed the course of the architecture.
- The candidates have also been placed in various private as well as government based organization that works for the building of various projects. The scale of the project involved is directly proportional to the experience of the candidates.
- Various companies demand masters’ degree in architecture for their projects.
Career profile of an architect working in government, private sector or running their self architecture consultancy can be shown as:
Architects need to be creative, independent and critical thinkers. An architect needs to have a basic ability to produce freehand drawings of architectural forms and space.
1) Architectural Intern:
Internees are short term employees those are studying towards a degree and plan to specialize in architecture. They generally make models & handle office administration work.
2) Project architect:
Project architect is main responsible for the project. They prepare drawings, coordinating consultants, code and technical research, and creating presentations for clients.
- Technicians focus on drawing work in CAD documentation packages, such as AutoCAD.
- They work with project & senior architect to verify & develop designed drawings.
4) Senior Architect:
- They communicate & co-ordinate between consultants.
- They manage the workload of project architects, review drawings and handle meetings with project manager & clients.
5) Chief Owner:
- They are responsible for running of their business.
- They handle meeting with clients and pursue new projects.
- They had broad overview of project even they participate only in some presentations.
5) Basic necessities of architect: (DO YOU HAVE IT IN YOU)
(I) Aptitude & Skills Required:
- Your love towards creative designing & engineering principles may lead you to architectural engineer.
- Architecture is a degree program that requires not only a good head for calculus, geometry & physics but also an eye for the artistic &desire to innovate.
- Undergraduate education that includes study in the arts, sciences, humanities, and physics, computing and advanced writing skills will be beneficial for the architect.
(ii) Subject in Accordance With Class 12th:
- Graduate studies include issues of programming, building structure, materials and assembly, design and conservation, development control and enforcement, development planning & policy and ecologically and culturally sustainable practices as a foundation for design.
- So knowledge of basic programming languages will be useful during your graduation. Study of our ecosystem, chemical substances in relation with building material, good art & creative thinking for designing will also be things of importance in your study.
6) SPECIALIZATIONS IN ARCHITECTURE:
Architects specializes in designing of different type of structures such as green building extra.
For masters degree there are no. of fields for specializations:
- Architectural History
- Architecture Professional Degree.
- Landscape architecture
- Urban & environmental planning
- Real estate design
Normal 0 false false false EN-IN X-NONE X-NONE